Forty days

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Over February break, Celeste told me that she was giving up Facebook for Lent, which I thought was a fantastic idea. If I had to choose, I'd give up something food- or drink-related, as those are by far my biggest vices. But I'm not particularly religious, and I thought it would be wrong for me to give something up without taking the time to consider the meaning behind it.

That being said: I have, for personal and spiritual reasons, decided to embark on my own forty-day challenge. While giving up red wine, white bread, chocolate or any of the like would severely damage my enjoyment of my last two months in this wonderful country, I figure that adding some physical activity couldn't hurt. I can take my running sneakers with me anywhere, and I bet more exercise will make me feel great and make all those yummy French foods feel a bit less guilty. So I'm going to run everyday for the next seven weeks, taking off one day a week. The goal isn't to complete certain distances or times, but to pry my lazy butt out of bed, lace up my sneakers and get out there, even if it's only for twenty minutes. Wish me luck!


By the way, today was perfect. 60 and sunny again. I went to market, I played guitar outside, I watched Glee (really good episode, by the by), I cleaned and rearranged my room. Oh, spring: for you I am infinitely thankful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment