Dearest friends, family and readers,
I'm not dead, nor have I fallen onto a subway track or been wandering through Brooklyn for three weeks trying to find my way back to the Upper West Side. I'm simply busy juggling a full-time job and settling into my new apartment, seeing long-lost friends and making new ones. Life in New York is wonderful, and I'm getting to know my neighborhood, and finding myself a part of the 9-6 grind I observed and worked for my whole life. It's a dream to start my days running through Central Park and coming home at night to my very own apartment in my favorite city in the world. (Okay, Bordeaux: you're tied.) I'm only just beginning to develop a schedule, so you can expect more posts from me again soon. Until then, I'll leave you with a couple of things.
1. My new blog Lo-Fi Brow, an arts and pop culture commentary site where I'll be writing a lot more. I've been thinking about this for a long time and I'm excited to share it with you all.
2. A playlist of songs that have been a big part of my life these past few weeks.
1. "Mind Your Manners" by Chiddy Bang feat. Icona Pop
2. "Blood Bank" by Bon Iver
3. "Oh No!" by Marina & The Diamonds
4. "Let It Ride" by Ryan Adams
5. "Girlfriend" by Phoenix
6. "Born to Fight" by Tracy Chapman
7. "Too Much" by Sufjan Stevens
8. "Holocene" by Bon Iver
September is my favorite month. Do you love it as much as I do?