Safari

Monday, January 25, 2010



I met with Anna today, the woman with whom I'm traveling to Malawi, to discuss the nitty-gritty of our trip. After my mom and I alternately asked her logistical questions for over an hour, I went to work feeling more at ease and more excited about this trip than I have in the past six months. Although I'm excited to meet Malawians and explore the city of Mzuzu, I was worried I wouldn't be able to travel outside of Malawi, fearing I'd have to do it alone, an unsafe option for a young white female in sub-Saharan Africa. But Anna has assured me that Mzuzu is filled with young expatriates, and is certain I'll make gobs of friends. I hope I do meet lots of people, and I hope that my visit will be full of travels with them - not only to the beach at Lake Malawi, but to Victoria Falls in Zambia, to Tanzania, to Mozambique. Mostly, I am dying to go on a safari. It's one of the primary reasons I've wanted to travel to Africa since I was a little girl (well, I admit that desire was sparked by The Lion King).


1 comments:

Deb Oh said...

Wow-ee, sounds like it'll be an amazing trip!

Post a Comment