Blessed

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Today I visited my grandparents in Manhattan, where I first taught a condensed lecture on iPod and iTunes Usage 101. We then ate lunch and looked at pictures from their trip five years ago to Zimbabwe, Zambia and Botswana. Their photos from Victoria Falls, a safari, and a visit to a local school were beautiful - my step-grandfather is quite the photographer - and got me excited, because I will be doing all of those things, too.

I then hopped on New Jersey Transit and met my parents at my aunt and uncle's house in the suburbs. My two cousins, along with my cousin's fiancee and baby, were also there. We drank African wine for the occasion and doted over Sawyer (the funniest, most angelic two-year-old in the world) pretty much the entire time.


My uncle said grace at dinner wishing me well on my trip and had me in tears. My aunt (and her sister, who couldn't be there) also put together the sweetest care package - complete with journals, a crossword puzzle book, and Mentos (I cheated and already opened a roll).


(My Aunt Chrissy taped this into the front of my journal)

Finally, dessert was a chocolate mousse cake, covered in fondant and designed as the Malawian flag.


It was quite the touching evening, and I feel so blessed to be a part of this family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment