Visitors

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

This past week I've split my classes up because the kids are at such varying learning levels. This makes the teaching itself easier but requires much more prep work. It's also becoming crunch time for the kids taking the entrance exam. I have so much to teach them in the next six weeks. It was a bit sad having to split them up but we managed to work out a schedule in which I can teach all of them at least three days a week.

Last week our new headmaster, John, and his wife, Marta, visited Mzuzu. John is British and Marta is French, and they raised their children in Aix-en-Provence, where I studied abroad, while John taught at Institute for American Universities, where I studied abroad. Needless to say we had a lot to talk about. We all came to the agreement that Aix is the most beautiful place on earth. John has a really strong vision for the school and I think he, Marta, Anna, and Jill had a productive few days coming up with all sorts of ideas and working out logistics. He and Marta will be back to Mzuzu - permanently this time - in a week and a half.

The women welcoming Jill to Kwithu

Faith and Jill

John, Anna, and Jill in "my classroom"

The women and children welcoming John and Marta. (Let's play "Where's Mandy?")

Marta and the ladies

Rocking the chitenje

Which one of these is not like the others?

Marta and John enjoying their nsima

The children reciting poems in English

0 comments:

Post a Comment