À Bergerac

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Bonjour mes amis! Finally, I have internet at my house in Bergerac and can share some words and photos with all of you about my first days here. The house I'm living in is amazing - open front room, dining and kitchen tables, TV, leather couches, and a bar! Five of us live here and all of my roommates are so much fun - two girls and a guy from England and a girl from Argentina.

Ben, Ellie and Natasha after a shopping excursion at Le Clerc

Natasha and Nicholas, a new French friend

Me and Andy

The town of Bergerac is beautiful - it's cut in half by the Dordogne River and intersected by two bridges. On the other side of the river from us is old town, where there is a beautiful old cathedral, many patisseries and boulangeries, bars and restaurants, and cobblestone everywhere. I feel so lucky to be living here!


Statue of Cyrano de Bergerac in the center of town

Bergerac à nuit

You can see more of my pictures from Bergerac here. I'll post pictures of my house soon. Teacher training starts tomorrow - eek! À bientôt!

0 comments:

Post a Comment