Almost home

Wednesday, December 15, 2010


On Friday morning, I'm heading back to the U.S., where I'll be spending my Christmas vacation. Upon arrival in New York, I'll immediately fly to Boston to celebrate the birthdays of two of my best friends. I'll finally get home on Sunday night, and am so looking forward to decorating the tree and listening to Christmas music around the fire. I can only imagine (or hope) that my mom has a few quality meals up her sleeve. I'll be seeing some friends that I haven't seen in a year or longer, and I can't wait to be home with them, even in the short amount of time we have.

Here are some more pictures from last weekend in PĂ©rigueux.


I went into the cathedral in PĂ©rigueux for the first time. A cathedral like that, it feels so grand and important and old and it makes you feel so...I dunno...small. Reverent? Appreciative? You feel hushed into silence the moment you walk in.

(In this last photo, Aissa is sitting in the park behind the cathedral, where we drank undoubtetdly the best hot chocolates I have ever tasted.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment