March, halfway

Monday, March 14, 2011


It's been a great month so far.


My Running Challenge hasn't been without hiccups - I've gone four times in the past six days. Yes, I've already broken my 6-day a week rule, but it's certainly an improvement from the one or two days a week I was doing before. Plus, forcing myself to run over the weekend in Bordeaux actually turned out to be amazing, as I went along the river and, for once, wasn't gawked at for running in France. On Friday it was sixty and sunny and I passed people sunning themselves on lounge chairs outside restaurants that faced the river. Now I know where my next beautiful-day lunch destination is.

It's hard to believe that my flight home to America is scheduled for less than two months from now, and that my best friend Laura, whose visit once seemed so far away, will be arriving in Bordeaux in three weeks. Now is the time that I'm becoming extremely envious of my English friends, who can stay in France visa-free, and can come and go between here and home affordably. The thought of leaving this country in seven weeks literally gives me a pit in my stomach, and I'm beginning to think of ways I can stay in Bordeaux this summer - ways that are both financially and legally viable. Wish me luck as I embark on my summer job hunt!

0 comments:

Post a Comment