A Song That Describes You

Monday, April 25, 2011

So I knock on the door
Take a step that is new
Never been here before
Is there anyone else here too
In love with beauty?




I forgot for a little bit how much I love Rufus. He's really unlike anyone else. How do you classify his music? Pop-theatrical folk? Tounge-in-cheek opera? (He actually composed an opera a couple of years ago - and dressed up as Verdi at the opening!) He has a way of bringing poetry to music that's never cheesy and always original. (Lest we not forget he sings the most beautiful version of "Hallelujah".)

I was hoping the train
Was my big number
Though I'm chugging along, put away by the crossing hand
We'll be heading for Portland, or Limburgh or Lower Manhattan
Find myself running around
I don't know what it is so get me over

But you got to do it
You got to be there


Tomorrow: travelogue, part deux!

For the record, I'm probably going to stop this 30-day song thing cause it's starting to bore me.. and I'm starting to get annoyed by all the YouTube videos on this blog (are you?).

0 comments:

Post a Comment