Entrecôte

Wednesday, May 4, 2011


Elise and I ate at L'Entrecôte last night, a famous steak restaurant that originated in Paris and now exists at numerous locations throughout France. At the one in Bordeaux, a line forms around the block before every lunch and dinner, so I had to see for myself what the fuss was about. The waitresses look like they're coming straight out of the 1950s in yellow polo shirts and low-heeled Mary Janes, and when they come to the table all they ask is how you'd like your meat cooked (the menu consists solely of red wine, steak, fries and ice cream sundaes). The best part of dinner is the secret sauce, which is tangy and buttery and best poured over everything. I didn't even miss my beloved ketchup.

I was too distracted by deliciousness to take a picture at the beginning of the meal. (Don't be fooled: everything you see here eventually disappeared.)

We sat next to a window on the second floor, with the sun going on behind us on picturesque Place Tourney.

0 comments:

Post a Comment