Tuesday tune

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Why am I up at this ungodly hour, you might ask? It's because...I'm off to a beach wedding! The daughter of our very dear family friends (our dads met in kindergarten and went to college together!) is getting married in Hilton Head, South Carolina. The weather has been horrible in New York and I'm super excited to lay on the beach with a good book (I brought this and this). Our flight out of here will undoubtedly be delayed because of the weather...but we'll get there eventually.



This Tuesday's song has a sweet story behind it: Paul Simon was playing in Toronto last week when a fan from the front row called out he play "Duncan" because it was the first song she learned play on guitar. With little hesitation, he calls her onto the stage to perform it, and she does the entire song seamlessly, sobbing tears of joy. It's such a pure moment and it makes me love Paul Simon even more than I already did.

0 comments:

Post a Comment