All you have to do is write one true sentence.

Monday, September 28, 2009



I want to find this field and frolic in it. Does anyone dislike this time of year? I'm going apple picking tomorrow.

--

A few years ago, editors from Smith Magazine compiled six-word memoirs from writers, celebrities, and non-famous peeps into a book called Not Quite What I Was Planning. The idea was taken from Hemingway's six-word story: "For sale: Baby shoes, never worn."

I happen to really like this task but find it extremely challenging. How to describe your life in six words? I haven't yet come up with mine but I'll be sure to post it if I do. Some favorites I found from online reviews of the book:

"Well, I thought it was funny." (Stephen Colbert)

"Couldn't cope so I wrote songs." (Aimee Mann)

"I still make coffee for two."

"Big hair, big heart, big hurry."

"A sake mom, not a soccer mom."

What's your six-word memoir?

0 comments:

Post a Comment