Safari Pictures: Part 3

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Whew! Here are the last of my safari pictures from Liwonde National Park, now about a month old. The good news is that now I have the the internet at my disposal again, so I can do some catch-up blogging and post all the pictures I know you've all been dying to see.

Meredith, Anna, and Phlyp on the river cruise the following morning

Hippos are awesome - I wish I could go on a hippo ride. According to my brother, though, they kill more people than any other animal. Probably not a good idea, then.


Crocodiles, on the other hand, are kinda scary. (My friend Bex is terrified of them, and when we camped on the beach during lake shore hike, she was convinced one was going to come into her tent while she was sleeping.)


I was SO excited about the elephants. Seeing them in the wild was probably one of the coolest things I've experienced in Malawi. I wish I could have taken closer pictures.



I like how a bird is resting on one of the elephants' backs


These monkeys were playing outside our chalets. I'm slightly obsessed.





I don't think I've ever seen anything so gorgeous


You can see all the pictures from the safari, a lot of which aren't up here, on my Picasa album.

The reason internet is so much at my disposal is because 1) it happens to be particularly good at the hotel today and 2) I'm leaving for Lilongwe tomorrow, where I will also have wireless. So, yes - this means that today is my last day in Mzuzu. I finished up teaching this past Friday, and had a party with the kids on Saturday (pictures to come, of course). Sunday I spent with Sophie, and Monday and Tuesday I went to the lake for one last time. We fly out of Lilongwe on Friday, and have a nearly 24-hour-long journey ahead of us. Right now I'm anxious to go home, to be in Nyack with my friends, to watch TV with my family on our big red couch. Maybe the missing here won't set it until I'm already gone. That's the way is always goes, though, isn't it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment