A brief travelogue, and more Ryan Adams

Sunday, April 3, 2011

5. A Song that Reminds You of Someone


If I could, I'd fold myself away like a card table
A concertina or a murphy bed, I would,
But I wasn't made that way
So you know instead
I'm open all night and the customers come to stay
And everyone tips but not enough to knock me over
And I'm so tired
I just worked two shifts

6. A Song that Reminds You of Somewhere


This video isn't of the best quality, but I love her little soliloquy before she sings ("It just wasn't New Yawk."). For obvious reasons, this song makes me very homesick.

---

I had a wonderful whirlwind 36 hours in London: Indian food on Brick Lane, bar hopping in the East End, breakfast and flea markets in Islington, great theater in Hammersmith, Hugh Grant's bookstore in Notting Hill, and a pub crawl to Buckingham Palace, through Hyde Park, past Westminster Abbey and the Houses of Parliament and into Trafalgar Square, and finally, dancing in Convent Garden. I can't wait to get the pictures developed from my Boots' disposable cameras (Buy One, Get One Free).

0 comments:

Post a Comment