Beautiful people

Thursday, April 28, 2011


This week has been bittersweet on oh so many levels. I can't tell you how excited I am to see my family and friends at home (not to mention to catch up on months' worth of sleep and lose the French wine and cheese weight). I also have had to say good-bye to the many incredible people who became my surrogate family this year. The worst part is, being completely torn about settling in New York versus coming back to France, I just don't know which of them I'll see again.


But I also couldn't have asked for a better last night in Bergerac. We played at open mic at Plus que Parfait and almost everyone I've gotten to know and love this year was in the room. Hugo and I performed "Poker Face" and "Hey Ya" and we had so much fun. (I do a pretty good Andre 3000.. hahahaha...) Then a big group of us went back to Ellie's, where she and Hugo surprised me with a bottle of champagne for my last night and we all drank and jammed some more. The good-byes were tearful, but alas, it's only proof of what an impact these people will always have on me.



some photos (the really good ones) courtesy of ellie

0 comments:

Post a Comment